- Jungian analyst and counselor in Portland, Oregon
- Mental health therapy for anxiety, depression, compulsions, trauma/PTSD
- Counseling for work and relationship challenges
- Therapy for mid-life passages and life transitions
- Jungian dream work, creative and spiritual exploration
- GLBTQ: Experience with gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans and queer clients
Welcome to my website. I hope you will get a felt sense of who I am and of my work as a Jungian analyst and therapist by reading further.
I value genuine collaboration with clients, and have been described as present, interactive and compassionate, with a dark and playful sense of humor. I don’t retreat behind a note pad, or shy away from sharing my feelings, when helpful. I am empathic, practical and direct. While in session, I sometimes think out loud and encourage clients to do the same. In my view, therapy should provide a safe, confidential, and supportive environment, so there is no thought, feeling, or imagining that cannot be shared. My task as therapist is to accompany you on a unique and collaborative journey to your most authentic self.
Some clients are drawn to my practice because of their interest in Jungian psychology, Jungian analysis, or an affinity to the man himself: C.G. Jung. None of this is a prerequisite. My therapy with clients involves a blend of approaches, and does not adhere to a particular method or technique. I try to do what will help you the most, making use of my years of training and experience. My eclectic background, as well my training as a musician, have enriched my capacity to engage creatively with client issues, imagination, and dreams.